When it comes to Japanese ice cream flavors, green tea reigns supreme. But why not try the sweet stuff with another wafu green ingredient? This sweet milk gelato with a refreshing wasabi aftertaste will make you fall in love with this “unusual” treat. Note that tube wasabi is all right—but freshly grated will lend itself to the best result.
Servings: 6 scoops
Cooking time: 2 h; active 20 min
- 150cc milk
- 80cc heavy cream
- 100g silken (kinu) tofu
- 60cc sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon wasabi
- Whip heavy cream to form soft peaks.
- Blend milk, silken tofu, sweetened condensed milk, and wasabi to smoothen purée.
- Add half of the whipped heavy cream and mix well. After, add the rest of the cream and mix to smooth. Shift to the container and freeze for 1 h.
- Take ice cream container out of the freezer. Whip well to make it fluffy. Freeze again for another hour.
- Repeat step 4 a few times, until the ice cream freezes completely but remains fluffy.