- This event has passed.
Climate Emergency Picnic
May 25, 2019 at 11:00 am - 8:00 pm
All around the world people are rising to protect our planet. Let’s grow and blossom in a beautiful spring of life on Earth for Earth.
Come to Yoyogi Park and enjoy the day doing the following:
Zero Waste and Vegetarian/Vegan Picnic: bring your own food, drinks and tarp. No waste: make an effort to avoid sandwich/onigiri plastic wraps or PET bottles, bring your bento and tumbler instead, be creative to avoid meat, fish or even eggs and dairy. Let’s share recipes and tricks to implement zero waste and vegetarianism in our daily life.
Kids Carnival (Of Endangered Species): let your (inner) kids enjoy the day out in a costume and maybe parade in the park (a few kids size costumes of endangered jungle animals will be available, contact us to borrow one).
Discussion/Agora about Climate Change:
– How climate change is impacting our daily life and putting the short-term future at risk?
– What can you do to reduce your footprint on the environment?
– Get involved with NGOs working to fight climate change.
– #SorryChildren Photo shoot: what is the worst excuse you can come up with for not fighting climate change? Take a picture holding a sign with a bad excuse, we will make an international, online gallery (more about this art project: https://sorrychildren.com/en/)
– Toothbrush recycle: bring your old toothbrushes, they will be collected, transferred to our friends Sustainable Living Tokyo Community and sent to TerraCycle Japan for recycling.