Fancy some good clean fun? Another great Japanese festival is coming soon. At Washtub Race Festival you can watch racing a washtub down a river. 10 spots are available for anyone who wants to race. Spectators are also welcome.
This will be followed by an afternoon of snorkeling or visiting the Kadowaki Suspension Bridge & Lighthouse and onsening along the Jogasaki coastline.
6 am: Meet in Tokyo
6:15 am: Departure for Izu
9 am: Arrive at the race venue
9 am: Washtub racing
12 pm: Lunch
12:30 pm: Departure for snorkeling spot
1 pm: Snorkeling Or Kadowaki Suspension Bridge & Lighthouse
3:15 pm: Finish snorkeling head to onsen or sightseeing
4 pm: Onsen
5:30 pm: Depart for Tokyo
7:30 pm: Arrive in Tokyo
Washtub racer per person: ¥14,000
Spectator per person: ¥11,500
– Private return transportation
– Washtub entry (limited to 10 people)
– English speaking guide
– ¥1,000 yen Snorkel & Mask rental*
– ¥1,000 yen Fin rental*
– ¥2,000 yen Wetsuit rental*
– ¥1,200 yen Onsen
*Equipment rental is limited.
– Clothing appropriate for the weather and water sports
– Change of clothes
– Snorkel gear (if you have it)
– Small towel
– Itinerary may vary due to the weather, traffic conditions, and other unavoidable circumstances.
– Washtub racer slots limited to 10 people. Slots will be allocated on first to confirm their spot on this trip.
– Must be able to swim to participate in the snorkeling.
– For those that are not snorkeling Kadowaki Suspension Bridge & Lighthouse is a pleasant work with fantastic scenery.
– If the water conditions are not suitable for snorkeling we will visit Kadowaki Suspension Bridge & Lighthouse
– Final details will be sent to the participants by email two days before the event.