Discover the charm and diverse culture of Japan’s national drink at this special event. A variety of Japanese liquors—Honkaku Shochu and Awamori, made with ingredients such as rice, barley, sweet potatoes, buckwheat, brown sugar, and others—will be presented, along with an explanation of each drink’s unique characteristics.
Christopher Pellegrini, an expert on a myriad of Honkaku Shochu and Awamori, will be among those helping guests explore the craft. Guests will also have the opportunity to taste the drinks together.
Learn how to order drinks in Japanese like a true native.
Entrance free. Please join us and try some authentic Japanese liquor!
Sponsor: Japanese Sake and Shochu Makers Association
Date: Thursday, September 8, 2016
Time: 7-9pm (doors open at 6:30pm); tasting will begin after seminar
Location: Togo Kinenkan, 1-5-3 Jingumae, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo (Map)
- Leave Harajuku station through the Takeshita-guchi exit
- Walk straight through Takeshita-street
- Turn left once you hit Meiji-street
- Keep walking straight until you see a Torii on your left
- Walk through the Torii and continue walking straight
- When you arrive at Togo shrine, turn right
- Enter the Togo Memorial from your right hand side
Entrance free (maximum 200 attendees, so register soon!).
Registered attendees will be notified by e-mail.
- We reserve the right to make changes without notification.
Registration is now closed. Event dress code is Business Casual (no jeans, no sandals, etc.). Thank you!