One of the advantages of making your own granola is in your ability to select the levels of sweetness and greasiness. This recipe for honey granola uses much smaller portions of honey than commercial ones, and is completely sugarless. No oil needed either! Feel free to substitute the listed ingredients with your favorite nuts or dried fruits.
Servings: Makes 400g
- 200g oats
- 1/2 cup (100cc) chopped walnuts
- 1/2cup (100cc) chopped almonds
- 1 cup (200cc) chopped mixed dried fruits
- 6 tbs honey
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- Mix 3 tbs of honey with oats.
- Mix chopped walnuts, chopped almonds, 3 tbs of honey, salt, and cinnamon powder.
- Heat frying pan. Pan-roast oats with honey on medium-low for 7 min, stirring occasionally.
- Add in the mix of walnuts, almonds, honey, salt, and cinnamon powder. Keep heating on medium-low for 5 min. Stir every minute or so to avoid burning.
- Add chopped mixed dried fruits. Keep heating on low heat for another 3 min, stirring frequently.
- Turn heat off and let cool completely in pan.
- Keep granola in sealed container to stay dry.