Originally published on metropolis.co.jp on October 2013
Although makeup companies aggressively market their products and cosmetic counter staff are always on hand to offer advice, many consumers are more inclined to trust the impartial reviews on beauty blogs. More and more of them are popping up in English and many offer useful tutorials. Here are some of the top online resources.
- Drop Dead Cute offers advice on how to be “kawaii for sexy ladies” from a heavyweight in the beauty blogosphere. www.dropdeadkawaii.com
- Moments…Like…Diamonds by gyaru fashion blogger Sara Mari—well-known not only for fashion coordinating tips, but also her very honest and inspirational weight loss story. http://chouzuru.blogspot.jp
- Universal Doll offers tips on fashion, makeup, street snaps, accessories and travel. http://universal-doll.com
- The Beauty Maniac in Tokyo is an English blog by a Japanese woman offering detailed product reviews, with a special interest in natural cosmetics and aromatherapy. http://nicoleintokyo.blogspot.jp
- Kawaii Beauty Corner by Australian-based blogger Tulip Love offers reviews of Asian beauty products. www.kawaiibeautycorner.com