The atmosphere of the Australian outback. Very relaxed with many booths that provide a private setting.
- All of the recipes at Outback are from America, making this a place where you can taste real American food in Japan. Their specialties are the flavorful “Outback Special” sirloin steak (200g/300g) and juicy “Angus Ribeye” (280g).
- The Premium Rack of Lamb, which uses a limited-aging technique, is a must-try. The New Zealand lamb is aged for four weeks and then quickly frozen to ensure peak flavor. The full rack is then grilled with Outback’s original mix of seasonings. The Spring Lamb Rack (450g) is served with mashed potatoes and steamed vegetables for ¥4,280 (available until Sep 30, 2015).
- During Happy Hour, five types of beer, glass wine, and 11 different cocktails are 50% off. Happy hours vary according to location.
Nearest station: Roppongi, Shibuya, Shinagawa Takanawa, Shinagawa Konan, Ikebukuro, and Minami Machida. Details at www.outbacksteakhouse.co.jp/en/
Buffalo Wings Smile & Tokyo
An American atmosphere that’s perfect for enjoying buffalo wings and craft beers from the U.S.
- Buffalo wings! With 20 flavors on the menu, even those who aren’t into spicy food can find a delicious option: 4 pieces: ¥599; 10 pieces: ¥1,299; 24 pieces: ¥2,699 (plus tax).
- Fresh and domestic. Chickens from Daisendori (Daisen area) in Tottori Prefecture are fried deeply through to deliver mouth-watering wings.
- The wing sticks, chicken wings, and chicken breast are all must-tries, so go for a platter!
- Wing Tuesday is your chance each week to get more deliciousness without more money. 6 pieces are just ¥599 and 14 pieces are ¥1,299.
- Readers of Metropolis get one wing free!
1F Hosaka Bldg., 3-52-2 Minami Otsuka, Toshima-ku. Tel: 03-5927-9727. email@example.com. Open Tue-Fri 5:30-11pm; Sat 12-11pm; Sun & hols 12-10pm; Closed Mon. Nearest station: Otsuka. www.facebook.com/buffalowingsandsmiletokyo
Carefully-selected meat and organic vegetables, plus a wide selection of drinks, served in a setting that mixes
Japanese and Western styles.
- Carefully-selected A5-grade Kuroge Japanese Beef (wagyu) is cooked slowly for 40 minutes to make the inside very soft and the outside crispy, bringing out the texture and taste of the beef.
- The “Kawara Soba” is a must-try. You might imagine soba to be a cold dish, but Beyond B.B serves their soba hot and on top of a Japanese kawara (roof tile).
- For those looking to try a wide variety of meat, the Meat Course (¥6,800 per person) is the ideal choice. The Kawara Soba course (¥5,800 per person) is also a great option, and you can enjoy Japanese beef in both.
- Kawara Soba Course ¥5,000 (regularly ¥5,800). Meat Course ¥6,000 (regularly ¥6,800)
B1F Randic Roppongi Bldg. 4-11-13 Roppongi, Minato-ku. Tel: 03-6447-1515. Open Tue-Sat 6pm-4am (L.O. 3am); Sun 6pm-12am (L.O. 11pm); Closed Mon. www.beyond-bb.jp
Roppongi & Ginza
A modern American steakhouse with bistro-like fare, featuring high-quality USDA prime-grade beef that is dry-
aged and then cooked in a 925-degree oven. In addition to steaks, try delicious popovers that are crunchy on the outside and chewy on the inside. BLT Steak has 15 branches in the U.S. and other countries.
- The high-quality, dry-aged Prime T-Bone Steak (¥14,000, serves two) is a top choice. Also recommended are the Rib-Eye (¥7,200) or Hanger Steak (¥3,800). Top it off with your choice of nine original sauces.
- Chilling and aging to bring out the softness and flavor. Only prime-grade beef graces the menu.
- T-Bone, Rib-Eye, and boned sirloin steaks are a must for autumn.
- During lunch, a steak set of Rib-Eye (300g), salad, and popover is just ¥4,800. Or, enjoy a hamburger made with prime-grade meat for ¥2,200.
Roppongi Branch: 5F Izumi Garden, 1-6-1 Roppongi, Minato-ku. Tel: 03-3589-4129. Nearest station: Roppongi-Itchome. Ginza Branch: 8F Royal Crystal Ginza, 5-4-6 Ginza, Chuo-ku. Tel: 03-3573-1129. Nearest station: Ginza. Opens: Lunch 11:30am-3pm (L.O. 2:30pm); Dinner 5-11pm (L.O. 10pm). http://bltsteak.jp
Cafe & Grill 512
A hidden spot in Roppongi surrounded by nature, a one-of-a-kind oasis in the midst of the noisy city.
- The Huli Huli Chicken (5 pieces, ¥1,000 plus tax) is a house specialty that comes in three flavors: original, honey, or spicy curry. The spare ribs (¥1,500 plus tax) are stewed to become so tender you can cut them with chopsticks, and are available in two flavors: tandoori or tomato stew.
- Try the Beer Garden Plan (¥4,000, tax included), which includes a highball chilled to below zero, along with spicy nuts and french fries seasoned with truffle that pair perfectly with alcohol!
- Cafe & Grill 512 offers a unique escape from the hustle and bustle of the city with their terrace seating, an oasis where you can enjoy your meal surrounded by nature—something you can’t do elsewhere in Roppongi!
Park Side Six, 9-5-12 Akasaka, Minato-ku. Tel: 03-5772-1180. Open Mon-Fri 11am-11pm (L.O. 10pm), Sat, Sun & Hols 7:30am-8pm (L.O. 7pm).
With the theme “a food adventure that never ends,” Meisterwerk Foods is dedicated to carefully-selected and
delicious food. Here you’ll find more than 500 delicious and unique ingredients.
- The Sanuki Wagyu Udon (¥880) is their specialty, with noodles, directly from Kagawa Prefecture, that pair wonderfully with the high-quality Sanuki Beef.
- Hard-to-find products, direct from the source, including many delicious processed foods made with name-brand meat shipped directly from the makers.
- Located in a quiet area of Moto-Azabu, Meisterwerk is the place to go to enjoy all the great foods of Japan. They also have pottery by famous Japanese potters.
- During lunchtime, you can enjoy the Italian Gima’s espresso or original coffee for ¥200 when you order food. During the whole day, you can order a drink for ¥200 when ordering sweets.
1-4-27 Moto-Azabu, Minato-ku. Tel: 03-3451-7705. Open Tue-Sat 8am-8pm, Sun & hols 11am-6pm, Mon 11am-8pm. Nearest station: Azabu-Jūban. www.meisterwerk.jp
Chinese Cafe 8
A lively environment where you can enjoy real Chinese food in Tokyo. Open 24 hours a day, and with more than
300 varieties of cuisine, it’s like being at a Chinese food stall!
- The Peking Duck (one whole duck, ¥3,119) comes with soup and stir-fry. Pair with a bottle of wine from more than 100 varieties.
- The Peking Duck is imported directly from Hungary, making for a very reasonable price and high quality control.
- Try the water dumplings, made by hand when ordered. (3 pieces starting from ¥162).
- Reasonable prices, great location, and the fact that they’re always open makes Chinese Cafe 8 a top choice for authentic Chinese food.
Aoyama Branch: B1 La Porte Aoyama, 5-51-8 Jingumae, Shibuya-ku. Tel: 03-3409-5388. firstname.lastname@example.org. Always open. Nearest station: Omotesando. http://en.cceight.com
Craft Beer and Cafe Garage
A beer pub with an interior like an American garage. Six types of Japanese craft and draft beers are always on
hand. Enjoy the café setting during lunchtime, and drinks when it gets late.
- The Beef Rib Steak (¥1,580) is a top recommendation. The meat is shipped directly from Shibaura’s market, a long-established butcher shop, and then grilled perfectly.
- Each piece of meat is grilled in a way that best brings out the flavor of the cut.
- Hokkaido’s Ezo Deer Steak, from our owner’s homeland, is a must-try and will be available starting in late September.
- Happy Hour is from 12 to 7pm. Asahi Super Dry, glass wines, and cocktails are half price.
- Mention Metropolis for ¥100 off your lunch set from noon to 3pm. After 4pm, receive 10% off your total.
1F Harajuku Flat Bldg., 1-10-23 Jingūmae, Shibuya-ku. Tel: 03-3443-3993. email@example.com. Open 12am-12pm. Nearest station: Harajuku. http://r.gnavi.co.jp/bfd0s9hb0000/
Ristorante Laguna Terrace Stella
Located 34 meters up, this luxurious atmosphere that uses Cassina tables and chairs and decor from KPM (Royal
Porcelain Factory, Berlin) offers Italian dishes that take advantage of the unique sensibility of our chef, who cooks with seasonal ingredients based on Italian tradition.
- The Bone Steak (600g, ¥4,500; 800g, ¥7,500) lets you enjoy fillet and sirloin together.
- Even though we are located at the center of Tokyo, we have a lagoon, terrace seats, and an outdoor bar at 34m above the city noise, so you can enjoy the moment with an open-air atmosphere as if you are in another part of the world.
- The bar called “36” at Aoyama LAPUTA Garden has Happy Hour “1 for 1” from 5:30 to 7pm, when you can get two drinks for the price of one.
- Receive a free “welcome” drink.
9F Unimat Aoyama Bldg., 2-12-14 Minami-Aoyama, Minato-ku. Tel: 03-6804-3682. firstname.lastname@example.org. Open 5:30-11pm (L.O. 10pm). Nearest station: Gaienmae, Ginza Line. http://laputa-garden.com
Wagyu Yakiniku Kim
A relaxed environment featuring top-quality Japanese Kuroge Wagyu Beef that is specially stocked, and special
course menus with some of the most delicious yakiniku in Tokyo.
- “Today’s Special Set” (¥6,980) is their marquee item, comprised of rare parts carefully selected from top-quality Japanese beef received fresh that day. This beef will melt in your mouth!
- Kobe beef is very famous around the world, but Wagyu Yakiniku Kim provides high-quality, rare Yamagata beef.
- The special sirloin is very rich and will melt in your mouth like butter. Served thick, the sirloin goes best with salt, and served thinly, it matches perfectly with their original sauce.
- Kim serves top-quality beef in their own original way, and has great staff and an English menu to make your dining experience comfortable.
2-2-2 Shirokane, Minato-ku. Tel: 03-6450-4129. Open Sat, Sun & Hols 5-11:30pm; Mon-Fri 6-11:30pm. Nearest station: Shirokanetakanawa. https://gurunavi.com/en/ga4n300/rst
Casual American dining and sports bar from Florida with an environment that is very active, like a party. A
perfect place to watch sports while enjoying American food and drinks, like chicken wings.
- Hooters’ specialty is chicken wings (10 pieces, ¥1,400; 20 pieces, ¥2,600). The spicy and hot sauce will go well with a nice cold beer, and they have 11 different sauces in total, ranging from the popular BBQ sauce to super spicy.
- Real American taste. Not only when it comes to chicken wings, but also the hamburger, with a thick juicy patty, dynamic-sized BBQ ribs, and many other American-style meat dishes.
- Sampling the chicken wings and 11 different sauces is a must! The Daytona sauce is very popular with our Hooter Girls.
- With an environment and food straight from America, you can enjoy being back in the States. Our Hooter Girls have the American spirit, too!
- Mention Metropolis get ¥500 off with this ad. (Valid after 5pm through Nov 30, 2015. Conditions apply.)
Branches: Akasaka, Ginza, Shibuya, Shinjuku.
Details at www.hooters.co.jp
A very chic and relaxing environment where you can enjoy a special mille feuille-style tonkatsu made of thin pork
- The Kimukatsu Set (¥1,980) consists of 25 thin layers of pork loin, juicy yet light; that is a taste you can only enjoy at Kimukatsu.
- Kimukatsu invites you to try their unique take on tonkatsu, one of Japan’s most famous pork dishes.
- The “Plain” is Kimukatsu’s must-try dish.
- The beer set is a great summer choice. Your first beer comes with an à la carte item, and the second beer is half off.
4-9-5 Ebisu, Shibuya-ku. Tel: 03-5420-2929. Open Mon-Thu 11am-3:30pm (L.O. 3pm), 5:30-11pm (L.O. 10pm); Fri, Sat & the day before a national holiday 11am-11:30pm (L.O. 11pm); Sun & Hols 11am-11pm (L.O. 10pm). www.kimukatsu.com