Millets can be bought online or at local health food stores. Because the strawberry season is nearing its end, you can get small ones at a reasonable price. Enjoy a nutritious, healthy confiture with light crème ange and tofu.
Cooking time: 9 hr (active 40 min)
Millet Strawberry Confiture
- 1 pack (250g without stems) of strawberries
- 2 tbs dry millet
- 4 tbs sugar
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1 tbs white wine
Tofu Crème Ange
- 1 pack (450g) yogurt
- 70g silken tofu
- 80g cream cheese
- Fresh berries
- In strainer, place paper coffee filter and drain yogurt and tofu for eight hours.
- Wash millet, then drain water in strainer. Combine all the ingredients for confiture in microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for three minutes with cover.
- Mix confiture ingredients and microwave again for two minutes, then let rest for no longer than five minutes. Repeat this process again, and mix well. Shift into a clean jar with top tightly sealed. Let cool in the fridge.
- Soften cream cheese at room temperature. Combine cream cheese and the drained yogurt and tofu, then mix well with whisk.
- Chill cream cheese mixture for 15 minutes and serve on plate. Pour generous amounts of confiture on top, and garnish berries if desired.