Looking for an alternative to candy and chocolate this Halloween? Enjoy the festive season while staying healthy with this guilt-free tofu pumpkin pudding recipe!
Start to Finish: 1hr (active time 20 min)
Servings: 4-5 cups
- 150g fresh kabocha (Japanese pumpkin) with peel&seeds removed
- 150ml whole milk or soy milk
- 100g silken (kinu) tofu
- 2 eggs (medium sized)
- 2 tbsp honey (2 tbsp = 30ml)
- 2 tbsp sugar (2 tbsp = 30ml)
- Optional: maple syrup to serve
- Optional: a pinch of cinnamon powder
- Dice the kabocha into 3-5cm cubes. Place the cubes in a microwavable bowl (cover with a lid) and microwave for 3 minutes at 800w.
- Place the remaining ingredients in a large mixing bowl with the kabocha. Using a hand blender, mix until smooth.
- Pour the mixture evenly into 4-5 heat-resistant cups and cover the top of each cup with tinfoil.
- Fill a deep, heavy pan with boiling water to 1-2cm deep. Place the cups in the pan and heat with the lid on for 8 minutes at a low setting.
- Turn the heat off and leave the cups in the pan with the lid on for 15-20 minutes.
- Take the cups out of the pot and set to cool. Chill in the refrigerator if you prefer a cooler pudding. For a sweeter taste, drizzle with maple syrup.