Healthy and filling! Figs and prunes are revered not only for their sweetness, but for their high fiber, mineral and vitamin content that’s supposed to improve skin conditions and prevent anemia. It’s sticky, so wrap it with parchment paper or sprinkle with chopped nuts and dried okara.
Use clean cooking tools and store in a dry, cool place or the refrigerator’s air shield compartment.
Start to finish: 40 mins (active 15 mins)
Servings: 4 bars
- 100g soft dried figs
- 100g soft dried prunes
- 200g oats, bran and granola, combined
- 30g protein powder
- Optional: Extra-dried okara and finely chopped nuts to dress protein bars
- Use knife to chop figs, prunes and half of cereal mix into a sticky paste.
- Put mixture into mixing bowl. Add rest of cereal mix and protein powder. Knead and mix well by hand or with spoon.
- On plastic wrap or in tray, shape into rectangle. Let rest in fridge for 15-20 mins. Slice into bar shape.
- Sprinkle with finely chopped nuts or dried okara, if preferred.