- 200ml tomato juice
- 100ml shochu
- 1 tsp yuzukosho, or to taste
- 1-2 tbsp fresh yuzu or lemon juice
- 3 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon mirin
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon soy sauce, or to taste
- Shichimi togarashi spice mixture, to taste
- 1 stalk celery, or Japanese white celery stalks
- 1 stick cucumber
- Yuzu or lemon wedge
- Pickled ginger
- Pickled daikon
- Green olive
- Add plenty of ice to a shaker or stirring glass, along with tomato juice, shochu, yuzukosho, lemon juice, mirin, hot sauce, salt, and pepper.
- Shake or stir vigorously to chill and combine.
- Pour the mixture into a tall glass.
- Add a celery stalk and cucumber stick to the glass, and sprinkle over a few drops of soy sauce and shichimi togarashi to taste.
- Garnish glass with lemon wedge and a skewer of pickled ginger, pickled daikon, and green olives.
Leave a comment