- 200g sawara, skinned and boned
- ½ grapefruit
- 2 tablespoons shredded basil
- 2 tablespoon finely diced red onion
- 1 ½ teaspoons yuzukosho
- 2 teaspoons mirin
- 3 tablespoons lime or lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grapefruit juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt, to taste
Cut the sawara and grapefruit into roughly 1 cm-sized pieces. Combine sawara, grapefruit and onion in a mixing bowl.
In a separate bowl, whisk together yuzukosho, mirin, lime juice, grapefruit juice and olive oil.
Add marinade to fish mixture, stir gently till thoroughly combined, cover and set aside in refrigerator for 10 minutes to 1 hour. The longer you leave it, the more the raw fish will ‘cook’ in the acid from the citrus juice. Divide between plates, or serve in a bowl with a side of corn chips or crusty bread.