Too hot for greasy spare ribs? Then try this recipe! Generous amounts of vinegar and beer not only give a lighter taste to the dish but also help beat fatigue. Any summer vegetables are suitable to add, but ones that cook quickly are preferable.
Cooking time: 50 min
- 1kg pork spare ribs
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 pinches black pepper
- 500cc water
- 3 laurel leaves
- 1 bunch celery leaves, chopped
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 consommé cubes
- 120cc brown rice vinegar
- 2 small cans, or 700cc beer
- Optional: Vegetables, of your preference
- Rub salt, honey, and black pepper on spare ribs. Let sit at room temperature for 15 min.
- In a heavy pot, fry ribs until surface becomes golden brown. Add water, laurel leaves, celery, sugar, garlic, and consommé, and stew for 30 min on low to medium-low, with lid.
- Add beer and vinegar. Stew on medium low for 15 min more, without lid. Turn spare ribs upside down a few times during this process.
- If adding vegetables, add them into pot for the last 10 min, and cook with spare ribs.